Things to bear in mind:
- The most commonly used online resource for finding apartment rentals in the Bay Area is Craigslist.org.
UCSF housing tips
- UCSF Housing INFO: http://campuslifeservices.ucsf.edu/housing/
- Visit 511.org and use the trip-planner to see what the transportation options and commute times might be like for you if you decide to live outside San Francisco.
- Free shuttles connect UCSF’s main campuses and satellite locations.
- There is a free UCSF shuttle from the 16th St Mission BARTstation to the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
- The CalTrain station on King Street is only about a 10-15 minute walk to Mission Bay.
- A wide system of bus services including Muni, AC Transit,SamTrans and others connect San Francisco with the greater Bay Area.
- There is also ferry service to San Francisco’s Embarcadero from the East Bay cities of Alameda, Oakland, and Vallejo.
- Bicycles are allowed on BART, CalTrain, ferries, and many bus lines, and it’s a short, flat ride from the Ferry Building to Mission Bay.
- UCSF also has a network you can tap into for car and vanpools.